OMB is an established Property Law firm on the Gold Coast and has been dealing with different variations of community title law since the 1980's. With the increasing move towards higher density living, there are more and more bodies corporate coming into existence every year. OMB has a dedicated team of Solicitors to service the needs of these bodies corporate.
The longevity of OMB Solicitors is proof of its commitment to provide professional, efficient and accessible legal services to all our body corporate clients. We achieve this by old fashioned personal service focusing on the ways in which we can assist the Body Corporate Manager to guide their bodies corporate through the interpretation of the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 (the application of such legislation changing regularly depending on the latest judicial position).
OMB Solicitors can assist you in how to best advise your bodies corporate by attending committee and general meetings with you to deal directly with the scheme's legal issues.
The advantage of our body corporate team is its expertise in understanding not only the law applying to bodies corporate but also the role of the Body Corporate Manager and the day to day operations of a Body Corporate.
Body Corporate Areas of Expertise
- Body Corporate Levy Collection – debts;
- By-law drafting and registration (New & First CMS);
- Community title advice;
- Applications to the Commissions Office including conciliation and adjudication;
- Attendance and scrutineering of meetings – committee and general;
- Assignment of Management Rights;
- Drafting and negotiation of caretaker agreements;
- Advice on management and letting agreements;
- Education of executive committees and industry members;
- Building Defect Claims.
Contact our Body Corporate Team TODAY!
Body Corporate News
See attached news articles by OMB for more information and recent developments in this area of law: