Once a personal injury claim is initiated, there are two main types of benefits potentially recoverable:
(a) Assistance and compensation to cover immediate needs, such as:
- Medical treatment (e.g. doctors, physiotherapists etc.);
- Loss of wages while out of work;
- Out of pocket expenses (e.g. pharmaceuticals, travel etc.).
(b) Damages to cover your permanent impairment include
- Pain and suffering (General Damages);
- Loss of wages (Past Economic Loss);
- Restrictions on future work (Future Economic Loss);
- Past and Future Medical Costs;
- Past and Future Care and Assistance.
The amount of assistance, compensation or damages that you might be entitled to can only be estimated as your claim is progressed and nears its completion.