Skip to main content

In this video, OMB Solicitor Rebecca Purcell talks about the options you have if you purchased a property and discovered that it has building defects.


Hello, my name’s Rebecca, I’m a solicitor here in the litigation team at OMB Solicitors. Today, I’m going to talk to you about what options you have if you purchase a property and discover that it has building defects.

So, there are three options that you may consider if you find yourself with a property that has building defects. The first option is to make a complaint to the QBCC, which is a statutory body which regulates the building industry.

The second option may be to take action against the builder or the contractor who constructed the building that has the defects. The third option may be for you to go ahead and fix the defects yourself, although that may be expensive and have costs associated.

If you are unsure what your rights may be and what option you should take, reach out to OMB Solicitors who can help you and give you some advice on what’s the best option for you.

Book now